Foreign students

Home / International  / Foreign students


Non-degree seeking
Exchange students:come from partner universities and are nominated to participate in the program by their home institutions. May study at ITBA for up to one academic year and are exempt from paying academic fees for regular courses.
Free movers:are students who do not come from partner universities. May study at ITBA for up to one academic year and must pay academic fees.
Degree seeking
Double degree students:come from partner universities, which nominate them to come complete between 18 and 24 months of studies at ITBA in order to receive a degree from both institutions. They are exempt from paying academic fees for regular courses.
Transfer students:come from another university to finish their studies at ITBA. Must complete at least 50% of the course of study at ITBA and must pay academic fees.
All courses at ITBA are taught in Spanish. Hence, applicants must have completed at least 2 years of Spanish at university level by the time of application. Students who do not meet this requirement will be accepted contingent upon successful completion of the Intensive Spanish Course at ITBA.
Application deadlines
October 15th – for first semester (March through July)
March 15th – for the second semester (August through December)

Exchange, free mover and double degree students
•Application form
•Medical Form.
•Spanish test
•Motivation letter indicating reasons why you want to study at ITBA (in Spanish)
•Original transcript of grades issued, signed and sealed by the home University. Must include all courses taken
•Copy of first two pages of the passport
•List of courses in progress
•Double degree students must include a certified copy of their High School Diploma

Transfer students must submit all of the following in Spanish or with a certified Spanish translation:
•Motivation letter indicating reasons why you want to study at ITBA (in Spanish)
•Original college transcript, legalized and Apostilled, as established by The Hague Convention of 1961.
•High school diploma, signed and sealed by the school´s highest authority.
•Original syllabi of all courses taken at the university level, signed and sealed by the pertinent university authority.
•Documentation of Spanish language proficiency
•A non-refundable money order for ARS 267 for credit evaluation and transfer. The credit evaluation process should be started at least two months before the beginning of the semester.

Inmigration requeriments

The length of the stay at ITBA as well as the student´s citizenship determines which type of procedure to follow.

In http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/ there is a listing of the countries that require a visa to enter Argentina.

 Citizens from countries that do not require a visa

Within 30 days of the beginning of the semester students have to apply for a Residence Permit at the Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (DNM), following the appropriate procedure indicated below:

Information for students from MERCOSUR and Associated States

Information for students from outside MERCOSUR

 Citizens from countries that require a visa

Will need to obtain a Residence Permit before arriving in Buenos Aires. The University must request a permission for entry (permiso de ingreso) from the immigration authorities. This document costs $600 and can take from 1 to 3 months. To obtain the permission for entry the student must request it to the International Relations department at ITBA and must submit its payment. ITBA will then start the process with Immigration authorities and will inform the student, so that he contacts the Argentinean Consulate to continue with the request.

 Health insurance

In order to protect our international students, we require that all of them carry a health insurance from a local Argentinean provider. This must include in-country coverage as well as medical evacuation and repatriation (for coverage limits, please contact the International Relations Department).

ITBA recognizes the plan offered by the William Hope, which provides access to medical appointments, tests and emergencies without the need for prior approval from the insurance company download information

Students with pre-existing conditions that may not be covered by local insurance should contact our office before arrival to discuss their medical needs and insurance coverage. Students who wish to purchase alternative local coverage must send the details of said coverage to the International Relations Department before arrival for its approval.


Services & resources